Randolph Surgery hosted a successful Health & Wellness Open Day for all members of the public on Monday 23rd July 2019. See pictures from the event below.
The event was co-designed with our Patient Participation Group (PPG), who were instrumental in promoting the event around the local area. We extend a special thanks to our patient group for their support.
The open day was well attended, mixed with members of the general public, registered patients, local healthcare providers and surgery staff, as well as a local Healthwatch, our PPG representatives and Zahra Parvar from NHS Central London CCG.
Attendees had the opportunity to meet with the Practice Manager together and some of the admin and clinical staff. The event helped to raise awareness about a number of local healthcare service providers, all of which are accessible through the surgery for patients and residents of Westminster.
Patients were also notified of the Patient Participation Group at the practice- a practice/patient partnership group designed to help ensure that the practice meets the needs of all of its patients.
The event also provided a great platform for local healthcare services to engage with one another, promoting a holistic, integrated and community-based approach to healthcare.
The local services that attended included:
- Carers Network: Providing support and advice to carers.
- Age UK-Westminster: Promote the well-being of older people through providing advice and support.
- Midaye Somali Development Network: Support health wellness and social needs of the local Somali community.
- Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust: Support for women affected by cervical cancer and promoting prevention.
- Turning Point: Support with drug and alcohol issues, mental health concerns or learning disabilities.
- Health Visitor Support: local health visitor supporting pre-school-age children health and preventing illness
- One You Westminster: Supporting smoking cessation, health activities and lifestyle advice.
- The Alcohol Service: Support for adults, families and carers affected by alcohol.
- NHS Central London CCG: Zahra Parvar from the local clinical commissioning group discussing how services are commissioned and delivered.
- Drug & Alcohol-Turning Point: Support for adults, families, carers, employers, community affected by drugs and alcohol.
- Westminster Talking Therapies: Free, Confidential NHS service which provides psychological treatment for depression and anxiety disorders.
- Westminster CAMHS: Provides community mental health services to children, young people and their families.
- One Westminster: Offer workshops for people with learning disabilities on topics including IT skills and preparing for employment.
- Maggie’s West London: Provides emotional and social support to people with cancer and their family and friends.
- Vineyard Pharmacy: Offers you a host of services such as Smoking Cessation Clinic, Alcohol Awareness and General Health Advice.
We were delighted to host this event, and extend special thanks to the PPG who helped co-design the event and the practice team who made this all possible.